Stroke has no age limits. It can happen to children, even infants.
Finding the cause of pediatric stroke is vital to providing the right treatment and preventing more injury.
Each child recovers differently from stroke. Prompt medical treatment and rehabilitation therapy can maximize recovery. In general, younger people recover more abilities than older people.
The American Stroke Association and the International Alliance for Pediatric Stroke have collaborated to provide these resources:
- ASA’s Scientific Statement on the Management of Stroke in Neonates and Children
- Pediatric Stroke Infographic English | Spanish
- Perinatal Stroke Infographic English | Spanish
- Check out Alex's Stroke Story (video)
- Watch Rhy's stroke story (video)
- Learn about the importance of spreading awareness (video)